Friday, January 4, 2013

a picture a day!

i am going to try something new here.
we could possibly can call it a new year's resolution (gasp!). but who am i kidding? i cannot finish anything i start. story of my lazy, boring life.

just go along with me, but i'm thinking that if i do this project it will make me stay involved with this kick-ass blog (okay--let's be realistic--mediocre blog)! we'll see. in the meantime, i'll give it a go. i need a project, y'all!
i got the idea for this project from some fancy lifestyle blog that i enjoy, and i thought it was a good idea to try. no harm done. well maybe only to you, my viewer.

so said project will be to take a picture a day. every. single. day. and the picture will be of whatever i want. if i limit myself too much, i'll just give up. i do have to say that i almost did give up on Jan 3rd. but i thought to myself "i can't give up on the 3rd day, it's just pathetic." so after the lovely pep talk to myself, i grabbed my iPhone and snapped a picture. okay, i need a moment y'all.
it was really tough, but i made it and got the picture.

Jan 1st 2013
unlike the rest of the world, i had to work on new year's day because i work in food service. working in food service means you work weekends, holidays and god-awful hours. so at 5am on Jan 1st i went into work and made a big ass bowl of red velvet cake.



Jan 2nd
brie with jam! the question here is, to eat the rind or not? we tend to not eat the rind, instead wasting a bunch of brie cheese. how we roll.



Jan 3rd
this is the picture that almost wasn't taken. i got a $50 gift card from amazon for Christmas and i spent it all on Avatar: The Last Airbender stuff. have i mentioned yet that i'm a going on 13 (33 going on 13)?







i've made it this far. 3 days in. keep coming back to see more pictures. and we'll see if i venture outside of using the Instagram app. i know there has to be other photo apps out there. i have a whole year to explore my options, so let's not get ahead of ourselves, all right? maybe my picture taking skills will get better. my guess is no! the important question is: will i make it past January? stay tuned. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment